Zinedine Zidane hits out at 'lies' regarding Isco's future

Share

News outlet AS claims big names such as Spain global Isco, 25, will be axed in order to usher in a new era of Galaticos.

Understandably there will be no shortage of interest if Isco becomes available but the report says Arsenal and Liverpool will be among the clubs vying for his signature this summer.

"What he has done in two or three years with Real Madrid, no other coach in the world has done".

And that spells bad news for the likes of Isco, who has majorly underperformed during the campaign despite penning a lucrative five-year contract in September last year.

One of the Premier League's leading lights, Hazard has been among the few positives in a Blues team in freefall this season, with his 13 goals so far (Isco has seven) making him the English champions' top scorer in 2017/18.

According to Calciomercato, Zidane feels Isco's exit could make way for the arrival of Chelsea star Eden Hazard.

Speaking at a news conference ahead of Saturday's league game at home against Real Sociedad, Zidane said the Isco report was just not true, as his unwillingness to sign any reinforcements in the winter window showed the faith he had in his current squad.

Nevertheless, Zidane was keen to point out that his backing for Isco did not mean a guaranteed run of starts, given the competition for places in his Madrid squad. "He is a very good footballer, he has shown that and can always show that". It's a lie [that we want to sell to sell him]. "Hopefully we won't hear any more of this". "Everyone is important", he said.

"We all just need to contribute more to the team, and Benzema also".

The decision has come as a surprise to many as it was Zidane who persuaded Florentino Perez to get rid of James Rodriguez so that he could play Isco more often. "I am happy you asked me so I can answer this".

Share