A man who sparked one of the biggest manhunts in Swiss history after allegedly attacking people with a chainsaw has been arrested, police say.
Speaking to 20 Minuten, Ruedi Karrer, the president of Uhwiesen, two kilometres from Schaffhausen, said Wrousis had been living in the nearby forest for two weeks prior to the attack.
They released a new photo of Franz Wrousis on Tuesday and said he had several convictions for weapons offences.
Swiss authorities said that they didn't believe the attack was terror-related.
Christina Wettstein, a spokesperson for the insurance company CSS, said two of the company's employees were injured, one seriously.
The company doesn't know yet whether the other three wounded people were customers or passers-by, she added.
Wrousis has been charged twice in the past for having illegal weapons, in 2014 and 2016, but he wasn't sentenced to prison, according to Sticher.
Suspect Franz Wrousis, 50, is still on the run more than 24 hours after the attack on a local health insurance office close to the German border, the report said.
In a statement, police warned "the suspect is risky", but said it was unclear whether he still had the chainsaw.
Police described Wrousis as a 6-foot-2 loner with an unkempt appearance who mainly lives in forests but who visits populated areas.
Authorities had issued an global arrest warrant for Wrousis, whom they described as aggressive and psychologically unstable.
Police had described Wrousis as potentially risky and warned he might be armed.
On Monday afternoon, police found the Volkswagen minivan with registration plates from Graubuenden that the suspect was believed to be driving.
A picture taken just before the attack shows him wearing a green jacket and black pants and carrying a black bag thought to contain the chainsaw.
Schaffhausen is a city of about 36,000 north of Zurich, near the border with Germany.
Karrer described him as an odd character who "told my dog he had a great haircut".